this week on tumblr: everyone realizes how much of a badass neville was all along
and maybe finally realizing that Snape was a complete asshole not a misunderstood man
Neville Longbottom: He woulda done it in 4 books
CHARLIE FORGHAM-BAILEY FOR THE INDEPENDENT AT KING'S CROSS (9/2013)
Tips for self defense in places where you can’t use the likes of pepper spray etc (it’s also legal).
- Use a house key or a car key
- If you have key rings on the keys, simply keep these in the palm of your hand and hold tight.
- Place the key between your ring finger and your middle finger - do not place it between your index and middle finger as it’s a weaker hold.
- If you want to be discreet, keep this position in your coat pocket or somewhere where you can keep the keys hidden. If you don’t have a pocket, try keeping hold of the keys in your hand but within your sleeve - as if they were too big for you.
- If you feel in danger or someone goes to attack you, try to jab your attacker in the places circled in red. These are weak spots and will give off a feeling of being stabbed, however there will be no wound - it’ll just stun your attacker and bide you enough time to run.
- Try to aim for the lower areas such as the stomach and sides, these are weaker spots, however the middle of the chest and neck help too. This is the same for women.
This is important.
A little perspective please, yes? — Brad http://ift.tt/1eB3vHd
"You know how I think they choose people for the Gryffindor team?’
said Malfoy a few minutes later, as Snape awarded Hufflepuff another penalty for no reason at all. ‘It’s people they feel sorry for. See, there’s Potter, who’s got no parents, then there’s the Weasleys, who’ve got no money – you should be on the team, Longbottom, you’ve got no brains.’
Neville went bright red but turned in his seat to face Malfoy.
’I’m worth twelve of you, Malfoy,’ he stammered.
Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle howled with laughter, but Ron, still not daring to take his eyes from the game, said, ‘You tell him Neville.”
Actual BAMF sweetheart Neville fucking Longbottom, tho. <3
I have a massive amount of admiration for Neville’s subtle kind of bravery. We all rightfully recognize his undeniable BAMFness by the end of the series, but tbh he was always one of the bravest people, right from his first year at Hogwarts.
Because let me tell you something, Neville’s worst fear was Severus Snape. That’s his worst fear. Try to consider your own worst fear; it might be something as ~irrational~ as Neville’s fear of his teacher, like Ron’s extreme fear of spiders, or something we can all understand and easily sympathize with, like Harry’s fear of the Dementors. Anyway, if you’ve been in a situation where you’ve really confronted that fear, you know that it’s not a pleasant feeling.
Neville’s fear being irrational doesn’t make it any less real. And unlike people like Harry or Ron, it’s not something he could avoid. Severus Snape was something Neville had to face on a daily basis, day after day after day. For years. Try to imagine facing your own worst fear - the thing you are the most afraid of - every. single. fucking. day. after. day. after. day. He couldn’t escape it, or even actively do anything to try and avoid it; to improve his situation. His life was like a fucking emotional prison; Ron could avoid the spiders (most of the time), Harry could learn to protect himself with a patronus, but Neville, he had to take potions and take all of Snape’s shit - he had to show up to his classes and live in constant fear. And you know what? He fucking endured.
Like will you sit the fuck down, Neville was always a fucking badass and braver than most people. Bow.
Neville is in Gryffindor for a reason.
The Magic Begins » Day 9 - A character you feel the need to defend"Why is it always me?"